We were pleasantly surprised at the variety of things to do in Las Vegas with kids! Our January 2018 four-day trip with the kids was packed full, and we had some activities saved for next time.
Las Vegas is about a 5-hour drive from Phoenix. We stopped at the Hoover Dam for a couple of hours driving up and just drove straight home returning. Our hotel was the Bluegreen Club 36, which was comfortable and clean, and had a pool. The pool was not heated, so we also made use of the hot tub.
Here is the list of things we did in Vegas!
- The Discovery Children’s Museum has three floors of hands on exhibits, including a huge climbing tower and more!
- Shop, eat and let the kids play on the multi-level playground at Container Park.
- Town Square Park is another great stop with a playground, surrounded by shopping and restaurants.
- Watch clowns, trapeze artists, acrobats and more for free at Circus Circus!
- Hoover Dam is a short 40 minutes drive away! It’s free to drive across; there is also a pay garage and limited free parking.
- The colorful Seven Magic Mountains are 30 minutes south of Vegas, and on display through May 2018.
- See the view from top of the Eiffel Tower, a half size replica of the one in Paris.
- Stop for lunch or dinner at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant.
- Kids will be mesmerized by the free famous Bellagio water fountain show.
- Browse all things M&M at M&M World! They have a free short movie as well which kids will love.
- All things chocolate and more at Hershey’s Chocolate World!
- Coca-Cola lovers will enjoy browsing at Coca-Cola Store, complete with a small refreshment corner.
- Almost every hotel/casino has free exhibits, like the Flamingo or Venician or Mirage.
- Take a group photo at the Welcome to Vegas sign!
- Even more things to do in Vegas can be found on the Pogo Pass. Use code “phoenixwithkids” to save 55%!
Things to Do in Las Vegas With Kids
More day trip ideas from Phoenix can be found here!