Have you heard of the summer reading program at Mesa Public Libraries? It’s free for kids and adults!
We’re excited to partner with the Mesa Libraries and highlight their spin on the upcoming program! Most Maricopa County libraries have a reading program, but the Mesa libraries in particular have some fun additions and prizes.
It’s simple: register online or in person, and track minutes read. Every minute equals a point, and the goal is 1,000 points by August 1. All ages can participate! Read to younger children, and audiobooks count too. Prizes are earned along the way, and there are prizes once you reach the goal.
What’s unique to the three Mesa libraries?
- all locations will host free kick-off events on June 1st!
- extra summer events are planned, like Dino Crew: Dinosaur Entertainment and Arizona Big Train Operators exhibit
- there many opportunities to find secret codes and instantly earn more points (hint: talk to a library staff member!)
- use code “PhoenixWithKids” to gain points!
- spin the prize wheel and enter a raffle once you reach 1,000 points; prizes range from fun toys to IDEA Museum passes.
It’s easy to get a library card and get started! If an individual resides in Maricopa County for a minimum of 30 consecutive days per year, or if they are employed, own property, or attend school within the County, they qualify for a complimentary Mesa Public Library card.
Summer Reading Program at Mesa Public Libraries
Locations of Mesa Public Libraries are:
Red Mountain Library (635 N Power Rd, Mesa, AZ 85205) – with a sizeable children’s area and plenty of books, plus computers and a small lounge area for teens
Dobson Ranch Library (2425 S Dobson Rd, Mesa, AZ 85202) – smaller selection of book to choose from, and a side area with a puppet theater, coloring, and reading chairs
Main Library (64 E 1st St, Mesa, AZ 85201) – newly updated, with lots of book options, and corners with toys and reading nooks; this location also has beautiful wall murals and a separate teen area with gaming
Hours for all three libraries are: Monday–Thursday, 10am–8pm, Friday–Saturday, 10am–5pm, closed Sundays.
More great things to do in Mesa can be found here!