Oh how we love the Legoland Discovery Center in Tempe! Our kids are now 6 and 3 and extremely LEGO crazy. The indoor destination is one of our top favorite places in Phoenix and combines rides, free play, activities and more to keep them busy for hours.
What will you find at Legoland Discovery Center?
- A fun kid oriented introductory video with interactive controls
- a huge display of amazing LEGO versions of places all over Phoenix and Arizona (look for the red buttons – and yes, push them! So fun.)
- A toddler play area with oversized blocks, a DUPLO pit and slide
- A pedaling ride, Merlin’s Magic, which is our daughter’s favorite
- A socks only climbing structure
- Build your own race car with racing tracks!
- A 4D movie, another family favorite
- Rooms for birthday parties!
- Several large LEGO bins to create whatever you wish
- Much more!
There is also a cafe offering snacks, lunch items, coffee and drinks. Restrooms are easily accessible (love the decor!). Another detail worth mentioning is that you can buy combo tickets at the a discounted price for both Legoland and SeaLife nearby! Both of these are easily experienced in a day, making for a great family outing.
Check out their website below for more details and any current deals. We love this Legoland Discovery Center and are so happy to have it part of the Phoenix community!
April 18, 2016
Who’s excited about the new LEGOLAND place opening soon? I am! My 4 year old will absolutely love it, and I think my 16 month old will kind of enjoy it (he hasn’t figured out how awesome LEGOs are yet).
The LEGOLAND public relations crew has been sending me information (along with Tempe tourism, thank you!). I don’t know too much about the venue yet, but it will be at Arizona Mills, and admission is $22 per person (although toddlers 2 and under are free). A family of four would run $88. Annual passes are available for $60/per person.
Some more information: LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Arizona is slated to open Friday, April 22 in Tempe’s Arizona Mills mall.
The $12-million, 40,000 square-foot LEGO® indoor playground is the first of its kind to open in Arizona, giving guests unprecedented access to hands-on activities, festive party rooms and a particularly impressive Miniland area featuring renderings of some of the state’s most notable landmarks.
LEGOLAND Discovery Center
5000 S. Arizona Mills Circle
Tempe, AZ 85282