Want to explore Lake Pleasant, but not sure how? Start by taking a family-friendly cruise with Lake Pleasant Cruises.
This 90-minute boat ride will take you about 10 miles around this popular Phoenix-area lake, and offers possible sightings of wildlife (we saw blue herons and wild burros!), plus interesting facts about the lake and area. There are two decks, one open-aired on top, and the main deck which is also air-conditioned and has a snack/drink bar.
We had a fun afternoon seeing the lake from a new perspective! The breeze kept us cool and the scenery couldn’t be beaten. The kids would probably say they liked the snacks best, ha, but they also enjoyed seeing wild burros for the first time. If you have visiting family or friends, or just want a unique outing, try this cruise option.
Thanks to Lake Pleasant Cruises for hosting us!
Here is some quick info about Lake Pleasant Cruises with kids:
- Located at 8708 W Harbor Blvd, Peoria, AZ 85383, North Peoria, about 15 minutes west of the I17 and Carefree Hwy intersection
- Pricing is $25/adult, $15/children ages 4-17 (3 and under free); also $7 admission/car to Lake Pleasant Regional Park
- tours run daily at 2 pm except Wednesdays, through mid-June, and will resume in the fall
- lifejackets are provided and required for ages 12 and under; restrooms available onboard
- no outside food or drink is allowed, except factory-sealed water bottles; snacks and more can be purchased at the bar
- boarding starts at 1:30 pm, and from the parking lot to the marina it’s about a 15 min walk, or take the free shuttle golf cart (be prepared to wait).
- Lake Pleasant Cruises also offers dinner and brunch cruises! More info on their website.
- more fun things to do at Lake Pleasant can be found here!
Lake Pleasant Cruises With Kids