Free Things to Do With Kids in Phoenix, Ages Three and Under. As a mom of a toddler and a growing newborn, I am always looking for things to do! I especially love anything that is free. At this age I find the kids are truly just happy to get out of the house, so I personally don’t want to pay a bunch of money for entertainment.
Here are my 10 favorite FREE things to do for kids ages 3 and under!
10. Visit attractions when they offer FREE days – Join the mailing list and/or follow your favorite attractions on social media to be notified when they offer free days! In Tempe, the Sea Life Aquarium gives away free tickets on their Instagram every Friday! The i.d.e.a Museum and Arizona Museum of Natural History in Mesa also regularly offer free days.
9. Meet up with other families for a play date – Join local groups on Facebook or the Peanut app to connect with other parents who have kids of a similar age! Want to get a workout in? The Mom Walk Collective hosts 2-3 walks per month in Gilbert and Scottsdale.
8. Register for Home Depot and Lowe’s workshops – Home Depot and Lowe’s both host kids workshops on select Saturdays every month. They provide supplies for your child to complete a home project. Make sure you register in advance!
7. Read books at Barnes and Noble – Head to the nearest Barnes and Noble and read with your child. There is a play area next to B&N just inside the mall at Chandler Fashion Center!
6. Jump in the pool at a local swim school – Check swim schools near you to see if they offer any free classes or host free events! In Mesa, Swim Kids USA offers a free swim class for babies
5. Hang out near an airport to watch planes and helicopters – Does your child love planes? Falcon Field Airport in Mesa has two
shaded viewing areas and a playground nearby!
4. Spend time at your local library – Maricopa County Library District libraries often have sections for babies and toddlers and will also offer special programming where librarians
will read stories, sing, and dance with you and your little ones. We love to visit Southeast Regional Library for story time on Tuesdays
and Wednesdays at 10:15am and 11:15am. Plus, it’s right next to the beautiful Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch.
3. Take them on your “boring” errands – I take my kids to the grocery store every week and, not only do my kids love it, but the staff usually smother them with fun stickers and other goodies. We personally love shopping at Albertsons!
2. Visit parks, playgrounds and splash pads – Phoenix has so many great options available all year round. Check out the Phoenix with Kids park map to find one near you!
1. Attend local events hosted by your town or city – Have you visited your local parks and recreation website? In Gilbert, I enjoy attending Story Time at the McQueen Park Activity Center every second Friday of the month! We dance to music, listen to a story, and get to complete an art activity together.
For more ideas, follow me on Instagram @desaraehoffman and bookmark the Phoenix with Kids events calendar! You’ll find events listed almost daily, including free events, especially around major holidays.
Let me know in the comments if you end up trying one of these with your little one! What else would you add?