Free Things to do in Phoenix With Kids: Mall Edition
Time for a quick list of indoor play areas at malls in Phoenix! If you’re looking for a simple indoor (and free!) play area for your little ones, try these at various malls across the Valley:
– Chandler Fashion Center in Chandler (near Barnes and Noble), 3111 W Chandler Blvd, Chandler, AZ 85226
– Arizona Mills in Tempe (near Old Navy), 5000 S Arizona Mills Cir, Tempe, AZ 85282
– Superstition Springs Center in Mesa (near Sears), 6555 E Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ 85206
– Arrowhead Towne Center in Glendale (near Forever 21), 7700 W. Arrowhead Towne Center, Glendale, AZ 85308
– Desert Sky Mall in Phoenix (near Curacao), 7611 W Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85033
A few tips when you visit:
- most play areas are closed around 2-3pm for cleaning.
- there is a height limit of 48″ and under to play.
- the play areas are usually available before the mall shops officially open! This is super handy for early risers.
- the Arrowhead, Paradise Valley and Superstition malls also offer the free monthly Kids Club events. Songs, stories and crafts are all aimed at children 6 and under. We did this program for a couple years while our oldest was a toddler and she loved it.
- there are restrooms near every play area; sometimes it might in a store (i.e. Barnes and Noble at the Chandler mall).
- the train and carousel rides mentioned below cost anywhere from $2-3/person
Other Indoor Mall Activities, costs vary
Chandler Fashion Center – Crayola Museum, train, splashpad (free)
Superstition Springs Mall – The Play Factory
Scottsdale Fashion Center – Desert Stages Theatre
Don’t miss Part Two in this series: Free Things to Do in Phoenix With Kids: Museum Edition.