Free Things to do in Phoenix With Kids: Mall Edition
Time for a quick list of indoor play areas at malls in Phoenix! If you’re looking for a simple indoor (and free!) play area for your little ones, try these at various malls across the Valley:
– Paradise Valley Mall in Phoenix (near JC Pennys), 4568 E Cactus Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85032
– Chandler Fashion Center in Chandler (near Barnes and Noble), 3111 W Chandler Blvd, Chandler, AZ 85226
– Arizona Mills in Tempe (near Old Navy), 5000 S Arizona Mills Cir, Tempe, AZ 85282
– Superstition Springs Center in Mesa (near Sears), 6555 E Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ 85206
– Arrowhead Towne Center in Glendale (near Forever 21), 7700 W. Arrowhead Towne Center, Glendale, AZ 85308
– Desert Sky Mall in Phoenix (near Curacao), 7611 W Thomas Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85033
A few tips when you visit:
- most play areas are closed around 2-3pm for cleaning.
- there is a height limit of 48″ and under to play.
- the play areas are usually available before the mall shops officially open! This is super handy for early risers.
- the Arrowhead, Paradise Valley and Superstition malls also offer the free monthly Kids Club events. Songs, stories and crafts are all aimed at children 6 and under. We did this program for a couple years while our oldest was a toddler and she loved it.
- some malls have pet shops and The Disney Store. We’ve loved on the puppies at the PV Mall location often, and always enjoy the free Disney themed activities at Scottsdale Fashion Square!
- there are restrooms near ever play area; sometimes it might in a store (i.e. Barnes and Noble at the Chandler mall).
- the train and carousel rides mentioned below cost anywhere from $2-3/person
Other Indoor Mall Activities, costs vary
Chandler Fashion Center – Crayola Museum, train, splashpad (free)
Superstition Springs Mall – The Play Factory
Scottsdale Fashion Center – Desert Stages Theatre
Don’t miss Part Two in this series: Free Things to Do in Phoenix With Kids: Museum Edition.