Did you know there’s a free Kids Club in the Phoenix area? They are held at local malls, and Phoenix has four locations (Glendale, Phoenix, Mesa and Gilbert). Children from newborns to age five (but all ages are welcome) will learn about various topics in a 45 minute fun, interactive setting.
We attended Kids Club at the Paradise Valley Mall in Phoenix for years with our first two children. They loved the songs and activities! And this month we came back to experience Kids Club at the Superstition Springs Mall in Mesa. The format has changed slightly since we attended, but Persephone is still an energetic, friendly face with lots of original songs for the kiddos. This is not a “hold still” events: dancing and moving to the music is encouraged! There is usually a weekly theme, and ours was about recycling. Sometimes Persephone asks for audience participation with musical instruments too! Tables with themed coloring sheets were also available. Be on the lookout for Persephone’s friend, Dewper the Prairie Dog, and snap a photo with him!
Themes for the month of July are:
- July 11, Reduce – Reuse – Recycle (how to be a recycle rockstar, and help keep the Planet Earth Healthy)
- July 18, Sunny Days, Healthy Ways (how to be a sun safety superstar and keep our bodies healthy)
- July 25, Water Wise (water wise lessons that will have great impact on planet Earth and keep people healthy)
Beyond this free indoor event, there are other benefits to Kids Club! Kids Club members receive:
- a membership card good for discounts at select mall retailers
- one free ride on the double decker carousel (pick up your ride card at check in)
- a chance to win great prizes (pick up your raffle ticket at check in – must be present to win)
- members celebrating a birthday will receive a coupon for one free ice cream cone at Dairy Queen!
The retail discounts can vary month to month. For July, places like Chick-Fil-A (one free kids meal with purchase of adult meal or entree), Cinnabon (10% off total purchase), Picture Show (one free small bag of popcorn with purchase of one kid’s ticket, and The Play Factory (one free half hour of play with purchase of one half hour of play) are included! There is often a time frame that these discounts are available. A handout will be given at check in explaining all the details.
Kids Club is at 10am every Thursday through October 31, 2019 in the JC Penney court. It will resume again in February 2020. Address is 6555 E Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ 85206.
For more information about Kids Club at Superstition Springs Center, click here.
Other locations for free Kids Club in the Phoenix area are:
- Paradise Valley Mall (4568 E Cactus Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85032)
- Arrowhead Towne Center (7700 W. Arrowhead Towne Center, Glendale, AZ 85308)
- San Tan Village (2218 E Williams Field Rd Suite 235, Gilbert, AZ 85295)