Nestled in the Rim Country of northeastern Arizona is The Strawberry Inn, offering the perfect getaway for a family, couples, or moms retreats. The Strawberry Inn started as a boutique hotel with single rooms, and has now expanded to tiny cabins sleeping 4-6 people, and also guest houses for larger groups! If you’re looking to escape city life and recharge, The Strawberry Inn is a wonderful option.
We had the opportunity this fall to stay at one of the new Tiny Cabins as a little family getaway! Our home for two nights was Cabin #15, with two bedrooms, one bathroom, a pull out couch, and full kitchen. The covered porch off the front bedroom was a lovely bonus too. We also had a private back patio with two chairs and a picnic table, and a dedicated parking spot. Wifi is included, and access to Netflix, Disney+, etc. for relaxing time.
This cabin was perfect for our family! We made breakfasts at the cabin, and drank coffee on the patio while the kids collected acorns. We read books and played on the nearby community lawn area. Of course we explored Strawberry and Pine as well. But not even 24 hours in to our stay, we were drawn to the peacefulness and charm of the tiny cabin and honestly just wanted to stay put.
The owners put so much love in to these cabins and it shows! Little touches like reading lights and sound machines by the beds make it feel like home. The kitchen was stocked with basic cooking utensils and pans for cooking, as well as soap and towels. (Just double check what is currently available for plates and silverware, due to COVID). We stayed cool during the afternoons, and warm at night thanks to easy thermostat adjustments.
If you have crawlers and toddlers, note that there are numerous outlets, with no covers. And only a shower in the bathroom. Otherwise, the tiny home cabin is cozy and welcoming to families and we highly recommend The Strawberry Inn! Also, they offer single rooms for overnight stays, and have larger homes if your group is over 6 people. There’s an option for everyone!
Reservations can be made at www.thestrawberryinn.com .
Strawberry, AZ is a quaint country town, with additional restaurants and activities in Pine, just 5 minutes away! We found plenty of things to do for our family getaway trip. Some of our favorites to recommend:
- Take a look at the oldest schoolhouse in Arizona, located right in Strawberry! Tours are available, see website for details.
- Hike a portion of the Arizona Trail at Pine Trailhead, just south of Pine. Not recommended for strollers, restrooms are at the trailhead.
- Stop for coffee and snacks at Windmill Coffee, located at the main Strawberry Inn. Stay for lawn games, a rest on the porch swing, and check out their Little Library too!
- The best pizza is at Old Country Inn. Don’t miss this amazing restaurant! It’s super popular, so be prepared for a wait. Other great food options are Pinewood Tavern, THAT Brewery and Pub, and Pie Bar.
- There’s the Pine/Strawberry Museum to learn about local history, with a nearby outdoor playground and little free library.
- Between Pine and Strawberry there is a small pullover area, called Stargazing Viewpoint on Google Maps. As the name suggests, this is the perfect open air area to view the Big Dipper and other constellations!
- East Verde Park, halfway between Pine and Payson, is a beautiful and free spot to explore along the East Verde River. Pick up picnic food from Ponderosa Market before leaving Pine, and spend the day. (Psssst, the market also sells homemade pies! We got a peach one and it was amazing.)
- This was closed during our visit, but visit the Pine Lavender Farm on the weekends.
Of course, there are numerous things to do near Payson, about 25 miles south of Strawberry. We recommend checking out the blog portion of The Strawberry Inn’s website – they have some great reviews, and inspired most of what we did in the area!
We were gifted a two night stay by The Strawberry Inn, in exchange for this blog post. All opinions are our own. Thank you for having us, Strawberry Inn!