Family Fun at the Talking Stick Entertainment District in Scottsdale
Scottsdale has so much to offer! And the Talking Stick Entertainment District in Scottsdale is no exception – it’s packed full of so many options for family fun! This area may be known to long time locals as The Pavillions. It’s now rebranded as the Talking Stick Entertainment District, or Discover Salt River. Here are 13 things to do with your family in the area!
Note: locations are open, at limited capacity. Please check individual sites for rules regarding social distancing and any modified hours. For more information on what is available check out Talking Stick.
You don’t need any special skills to start flying, they will teach you everything you need to know! Great fun for ages 3 to 103. Read our full review here
Missing live baseball as much as we are? Check out D-Bat in Scottsdale for America’s favorite pastime. Read our full review here.
Golfing in the air conditioning? Yes please! Check out the newest location of Imagine Mini Golf. $4.95 for ages 4 – 9, $10.95 for 10 and up, with a special discount for military and first responder, as well as a date night Thursday night BOGO deal.
Eat. Drink. Bowl. Game. All ages will find something fun to do at this combo bowling alley, laser tag, arcade and restaurant venue.
High speed racing, VR fun, arcade fun, mini bowling and something to eat all while staying cool.
Toddler area, climbing wall, trampoline, skate park, monkey bars and cafe means something for everyone. Read our full review here.
What better way to stay cool than water? Enjoy a staycation or simply go play for the day at this epic waterpark and all inclusive resort. Check out our full review here.
Four course dinner with a 2 hour tournament show will keep your kids entertained. Read our full review here.
9. Top Golf
Fresh air and family time golfing, clubs and balls provided. Monday – Friday $15 unlimited play, summer of unlimited swings for $159, half price Tuesdays. Lots of options for playing.
10. Roadhouse Cinema
Roadhouse Cinema offers the ultimate movie and dining experience, with box office hits and classes. Note that this venue is temporarily closed. Bookmark for later!
Hop over to Arizona Boardwalk (formally called Odysea in the Desert) where you can visit Odysea Aquairum, Butterfly Wonderland, Pangea The Land of Dinosaurs and more. Read more on our blog post here!
Next door to Great Wolf Lodge is a wonderful memorial to the USS Arizona, and the people that lived and died in this WW2 tragedy. There’s even a piece of the ship on display. Read more here.
Play ball! Home of the popular spring training for the Arizona Diamondbacks and Colorado Rockies, this is the place to be for baseball lovers of all ages. This area also hosts various events throughout the year, including our favorite Halloween hot air balloon festival.
A few other things to note about the Talking Stick Entertainment District:
- this area is an easy 15 minute drive from the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport. Located right off the 101 and Talking Stick Way, you can easily access all the other great places in Scottsdale.
- there is an on-site visitors center, with friendly locals happy to answer your questions! Double check open hours.
- several hotels are available aside from the popular Great Wolf Lodge. View the list here.
- lots of shopping abounds in this area! There is a Target, Home Depot, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Goodwill, Ross, and more.
- restaurant options are also plentiful. Popular options are Starbucks, Chilis, Dunkin/Baskin Robbins, and White Castle. There are also food options at the Arizona Boardwalk.
- take a look at this map here for all the shopping and dining options.
- other than combo tickets for activities at the Arizona Boardwalk, there are no other saving bundles available. But check out this blog post for ways to save on Phoenix attractions!