Things to do in
Scottsdale, Arizona is a fantastic place for families to visit, offering a blend of natural beauty, outdoor activities, cultural attractions, and a welcoming atmosphere.
As a mother who’s always on the lookout for a memorable vacation spot that caters to every member of the family, I’ve discovered a place that holds a special spot in my heart: Scottsdale, Arizona. Nestled in the breathtaking Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale is a city that effortlessly combines natural beauty, cultural charm, and an array of family-friendly activities. It’s a destination where my family and I have created cherished memories time and time again. From exhilarating outdoor adventures to enriching educational experiences, Scottsdale has something for everyone, making it a destination that both parents and children can agree on. Join me as I share my love for Scottsdale and reveal why this vibrant city has become our go-to family getaway.
Things to do
- Visit the many splash pads in Scottsdale
- Looking for a park? There are lots! Try Rotary Park in Scottsdale.
- KTR Indoor Action Sports is the ultimate destination for all ages, especially older children and adults.
- Sky Zone Trampoline Park is non-stop action indoor fun with a foam pit, warrior course, toddler zone, and more.
- Check out Pump It Up in Scottsdale to get out the wiggles.
- Take your family to Butterfly Wonderland to see butterflies.
- Take a nature hike and then play at Florence Ely Nelson Desert Park
- OdySea Aquarium has opened in Scottsdale! It’s the biggest aquarium in the southwest.
- Meet up with friends at Mini Social, an indoor play area for ages 6 and under in Old Town.
- Ride a train or carousel at McCormick Stillman Railroad Park.
- Learn how to be a cowboy at Macdonalds Ranch. They also have a fabulous pumpkin patch every October.
- Take a family outing to the Sugar Bowl, a 1950’s style soda fountain, for lunch or ice cream snacks.
- Try ice skating any time of the year at Ice Den Scottsdale.
- Explore the many hiking trails at McDowell Mountain Regional Park. There is also a nature trail, perfect for toddlers.
- Explore the Mirror Maze with friends!
- Pangea: Land of the Dinosaurs is fun if your kids are REALLY into dinosaurs.
- Climb the heights at Pinnacle Peak — this is a hike kids can do and the view is awesome!
- Spend a day exploring in Old Town Scottsdale, with parks and museums and food and more.
- Go shopping and check out the splash pad at Scottsdale Quarter.
- Scoops and Joy Lounge offers a free surprise on every ice cream scoop. It’s adorable. And Dole Whip is served!
- Rachel’s Young At Art studio offers art classes for all ages of children.
- Scale heights at AZ on the Rocks, an indoor rock climbing gym.
- Schedule a tour with the Phoenix Herpetological Society and get a hands on experience with a variety of reptiles.
- Medieval Times is a dinner show set in the Middle Ages, fun for all ages.!
- Scottsdale welcomed Great Wolf Lodge, America’s Largest Indoor Waterpark, in October 2019.
- Go on a treasure hunt with Puzzling Adventures and work together as a team as you galavant around town.
- Take a cooking class at Sweet Basil, they have kid camps and kid/parent options.
- Masterpiece Art Mama hosts art themed birthday parties, classes and events around the Phoenix area.
- Take the family for a fun indoor outing to Glow Putt Mini Golf.
- The Circus School of America has classes and camps for kids to learn circus skills!
- Have a Scottsdale fire department firetruck visit you home!
- Kids can play and parents can enjoy their coffee at Cafe Au Plait.
- Have a staycation at The Princess, a popular resort located in North Scottsdale.
- D-Bat in Scottsdale is the place to go for indoor bat and ball practice for all ages.