6 Spring Break Ideas for Kids in Phoenix
It’s spring break season! March is one of the best times of the year here in Phoenix; the weather allows for outdoor exploring, and attractions often have great deals on admission. Whether you’re a local or visiting from out of state, here are some of our top suggestions for kids in Phoenix.
Note: we know firsthand that paying for family fun can add up fast. Here are some tips for getting discounted (or free!) admission to Phoenix attractions.
- Check out some attractions that are unique to Phoenix. Did you know that the Valley is home to a museum full of musical instruments? What about motor boating around a lake (yes, there are numerous lakes dotting our desert landscape)? Or a visit to a combo zoo/aquarium/amusement park? There is so much variety of activities for all ages! It’s one of our favorite things about Phoenix.
- Explore Phoenix on a bike. The options are almost endless, from paved trails to off road adventures. Even a couple miles, mixed in with a stop at a park or ice cream shop, gives a healthy dose of Vitamin D and family memories. If you don’t have bicycles, there are plenty of options for rentals.
- Take a hike. Or Two! Whatever your physical ability, there’s a trail for you. And your kiddos. There’s the popular Camelback Mountain, which is on our 2019 bucket list, and the easier Hole in the Rock. Our personal recommendation for families is Pinnacle Peak in Scottsdale, Jewel of the Creek Preserve in Cave Creek, and the Waterfall Trail in Waddell. There’s also nature trail exploring, like the Barrier Free area near Desert Ridge.
More Spring Break Ideas for Kids in Phoenix
- Day Trips from Phoenix. Want to get out of town, but not spend the night? A top destination is Bearizona, a drive through zoo, with opportunities for animal interaction. Also on the way north is Out of Africa Safari Park, near Camp Verde. Closer to Phoenix is Goldfield’s Ghost Town (pair it with a hike in Lost Dutchman State Park).
- Take a wild card with Groupon. Sometimes you don’t know what sounds fun until you hear it. That’s one reason we love Groupon! Just search “kid activities” with Phoenix as the city and see what comes up. You can find a wide variety of local activities, even restaurants. We’ve found some new favorite places this way. And have found some duds, but that’s part of the gamble.
- Buy a Pogo Pass and save hundreds of dollars on attractions! It’s true: if even three of the activities on the Pogo Pass interest your family, a Phoenix/Tucson Pogo Pass is an amazing deal. Some of our favorite places like the Phoenix Zoo, Uptown Jungle, the IDEA Museum, and Ice Den are included. The best part is that you have a whole year to visit all the places listed. So it’s really an investment in family fun beyond spring break!
- As a bonus idea, remember that (especially with the younger group), sometimes all it takes is a family picnic at a new playground to bring on the smiles. Here is a list of our top favorite parks in Phoenix.
- WarnerBrothers (05/07/2019)
- Blu-ray, NR (Not Rated)
- Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Tiffany Haddish, Stephanie Beatriz