5 Things to Do in Willcox With Kids. Willcox, AZ – about 3 hours southeast of Phoenix, this little town and area offers plenty of family fun for a weekend getaway! There are some not to miss activities in Willcox:
- fun murals – there’s a Mario one too! Our son was especially tickled by this find, as he’s a huge Mario fan. You can find this mural alongside Bear’s Vintage Thrift (233 N Haskell Ave, Willcox, 85643).
- learn about the singing Cowboy at the Rex Allen Museum. The museum did an excellent job showcasing his life and we learned a lot! The employees were also happy to answer questions. Don’t miss the fun photo op at the entrance!
- Apple Annie’s (visit all three locations – each is different! Some locations are seasonal.) Apple Annie’s Orchard itself is about 15 minutes from the country store, and note that they are two locations. We actually didn’t know this until we visited! The u-pick orchard is located at 2081 Hardy Rd, Willcox, AZ 85643, and the u-pick produce is at 6405 Williams Rd, Willcox, AZ. (The second location is also where Apple Annie’s has their annual pumpkin patch!)
- park play at Keillor Park, which was great for the kids to stretch their legs
- day trip down to the Chiricahua National Monument and Fort Bowie. You can read more about these historical places here.
The best place to stay? The Willcox KOA! We loved the two-bedroom cabin and amenities. This place is very family-friendly, you can camp or park your RV as well. Amenities include a pool, playground, onsite restaurant, and yard games.
5 Things to Do in Willcox With Kids
And for food, stop by Isabel’s South of the Border, Double S Steakhouse, Apple’s Annie’s Country Store, or Source of Coffee.
More details can be found in this post, which shares our 3-day itinerary exploring Willcox and Cochise County.