5 Things To Do in Sierra Vista With Kids. Sierra Vista, AZ is about 3 hours from Phoenix and offers the perfect amount of family fun for a weekend getaway!
Did you know this city is the hummingbird capital of the world? There are also 10,000-foot towering mountains surrounding part of the city – definitely not desert landscape, friends. So beautiful. We love exploring new cities in Arizona, and Sierra Vista is definitely on our list for a return visit.
Things To Do in Sierra Vista
Our top favorite spots in Sierra Vista are below!
- Play at The Cove, an indoor aquatic park with two slides, a wave pool, and more. The kids didn’t want to leave! There’s a fabulous playground next door too, plus the park holds various events, like art shows.
- Observe hummingbird banding – you can hold the hummingbirds too (seasonal). These tiny creatures are so amazing, and to watch the banding process up close, then hold them was a chance of a lifetime!
- Tour Kartchner Caverns, with cave tours (even littles can do this!) and a fabulous visitors center. We were blown away by this state park. It’s so family-friendly, rich in geology, and a not-to-miss stop.
- Hike Ramsey Canyon, a gorgeous 2-mile round trip hike with streams and a view. Arizona isn’t all desert, and this pocket of nature proves it. We hiked and explored for almost 2 hours, and even saw a javelina!
- Hungry? Take a break and fill the tummies at Mimosa Pizzeria, Julie and Sammy’s 31 Flavors, or the German Cafe.
- And for an overnight, try Sierra Suites, with a complimentary hot breakfast and outdoor pool for hotel guests.
Exploring this area of southeastern Arizona will give all ages a better appreciation and love for our beautiful state. Thanks to Explore Cochise for planning this itinerary for us.
More family-friendly things to do in Southern Arizona can be found here!