5 Things To Do in Sierra Vista With Kids. Sierra Vista, AZ is about 3 hours from Phoenix and offers the perfect amount of family fun for a weekend getaway!
Did you know this city is the hummingbird capital of the world? There are also 10,000-foot towering mountains surrounding part of the city – definitely not desert landscape, friends. So beautiful. We love exploring new cities in Arizona, and Sierra Vista is definitely on our list for a return visit.
Our top favorite spots in Sierra Vista are below!
- Play at The Cove, an indoor aquatic park with two slides, a wave pool, and more. The kids didn’t want to leave! There’s a fabulous playground next door too, plus the park holds various events, like art shows.
- Observe hummingbird banding – you can hold the hummingbirds too (seasonal). These tiny creatures are so amazing, and to watch the banding process up close, then hold them was a chance of a lifetime!
- Tour Kartchner Caverns, with cave tours (even littles can do this!) and a fabulous visitors center. We were blown away by this state park. It’s so family-friendly, rich in geology, and a not-to-miss stop.
- Hike Ramsey Canyon, a gorgeous 2-mile round trip hike with streams and a view. Arizona isn’t all desert, and this pocket of nature proves it. We hiked and explored for almost 2 hours, and even saw a javelina!
- Hungry? Take a break and fill the tummies at Mimosa Pizzeria, Julie and Sammy’s 31 Flavors, or the German Cafe.
- And for an overnight, try Sierra Suites, with a complimentary hot breakfast and outdoor pool for hotel guests.
Exploring this area of southeastern Arizona will give all ages a better appreciation and love for our beautiful state. Thanks to Explore Cochise for planning this itinerary for us.
More family friendly things to do in Southern Arizona can be found here!